| Protection Level 3 - Maximum protection for the most rugged activities and weather conditions.
- Exclusive Wool/THOR·LON® Blend for maximum warmth and wicking.
- Moderate cushioning in the ball/heel for reducing shock, impact, shear and blisters.
- Thick cushioning at ankle, shin and instep to protect against boot pressure/in arch for better fit (spandex added for support).
- 100% worsted wool toe for maximum warmth.
Fiber Contents: 60% Worsted wool, 27% Exclusive THOR·LON® Acrylic, 11% Stretch nylon, 2% Spandex
Natural fat pads protect our feet, but we destroy them by walking and running on hard surfaces
- This loss of fat pads is due primarily to damage from shearing forces from walking and running on smooth, unyielding man-made surfaces (concrete, asphalt, hard floors).
- The damage is compounded by poorly designed and poorly fitted socks and shoes.
- Thorlos protect the fat pads from shearing forces by transferring these forces from the fat pads to the cushion fabric of the Thorlos; and where fat pad degradation has already occurred, Thorlos engineered cushion fabric helps replace the function of the natural pads.
Fabrics that work well on our bodies work poorly in our shoes
- Cotton, wool and silk (all natural fabrics) absorb moisture ["Absorption" is defined as retention]. Wool claims to "wick," which is not true.
- Inside the shoes, natural cushion sock fabrics become ineffective and even harmful to the feet: They absorb moisture, become saturated and collapse. Result: no protection.
- Acrylic "wicks" moisture ["Wicking" is defined as transmission or movement of moisture by capillary action], moving it to the outer materials of the shoe where it is released into the outside environment.
- Acrylic cushion sock fabric maintains resiliency and provides a more natural yielding, forgiving, dynamic environment for the foot (like walking barefoot in grass or sand).
- Result: More protection, more comfort.
Wool with Exclusive THOR·LON® Acrylic
This performance fiber blend is intended for active cold climate use. Designed for improved blister protection and comfort without sacrificing significant insulating properties of natural wool. The addition of THOR·LON® acrylic improves loft, resiliency and greatly enhances moisture management qualities that 100% wool yarns alone cannot provide.