| Protection Level 3 - Maximum protection for the most rugged activities and weather conditions.
- Exclusive THOR·LON® construction wicks moisture better.
- Moderate cushioning in ball/heel protects against blisters.
- Thin cushioning at instep for lace pad protection.
- Spandex in arch for better fit.
Fiber Contents: 83% Exclusive THOR·LON® Acrylic, 12% Stretch nylon, 5% Spandex
Natural fat pads protect our feet, but we destroy them by walking and running on hard surfaces
- This loss of fat pads is due primarily to damage from shearing forces from walking and running on smooth, unyielding man-made surfaces (concrete, asphalt, hard floors).
- The damage is compounded by poorly designed and poorly fitted socks and shoes.
- Thorlos protect the fat pads from shearing forces by transferring these forces from the fat pads to the cushion fabric of the Thorlos; and where fat pad degradation has already occurred, Thorlos engineered cushion fabric helps replace the function of the natural pads.
Fabrics that work well on our bodies work poorly in our shoes
- Cotton, wool and silk (all natural fabrics) absorb moisture ["Absorption" is defined as retention]. Wool claims to "wick," which is not true.
- Inside the shoes, natural cushion sock fabrics become ineffective and even harmful to the feet: They absorb moisture, become saturated and collapse. Result: no protection.
- Acrylic "wicks" moisture ["Wicking" is defined as transmission or movement of moisture by capillary action], moving it to the outer materials of the shoe where it is released into the outside environment.
- Acrylic cushion sock fabric maintains resiliency and provides a more natural yielding, forgiving, dynamic environment for the foot (like walking barefoot in grass or sand).
- Result: More protection, more comfort.
Exclusive THOR·LON® Acrylic
THOR·LON® trademark acrylic yarns are exclusively developed for our Thorlos construction. "Trapped" perspiration in the shoe environment tends to "flatten" or crush common acrylic yarns. THOR·LON® acrylics are specially spun to maintain both softness and resilience, which maximizes foot comfort, blister protection and product durability.